1. These Terms
1.1 What These Terms Cover.
These are Our terms and conditions on which We supply Our Services to you as a Customer.
1.2 Why You Should Read These Terms.
Please read these Terms carefully before you order a skip through Skip Hire Comparison. These Terms include, but are not limited to, explaining who we are, Our Services, the Services provided by Our Partners, the contract between you and Skip Hire Comparison and the contract between you and Our Partners.
1.3 Definitions Used In These Terms:
Skip Hire Comparison/Our/Us/We: refers to Skip Hire Comparison Limited.
Skip Hire Comparison Prices: the prices shown to you by Skip Hire Comparison in accordance with clause 2.5(a) together with any additional charges as set out in clause 2.5.
Skip Hire Comparison Site: Our website, which can be found at www.skiphirecomparison.co.uk.
Booking: acceptance of your Booking Request by Skip Hire Comparison.
Booking Request: the process of filling in the online form a customer inputs more details into.
Comparison Form: the form on the Skip Hire Comparison Site which you will complete and submit to Skip Hire Comparison and provides Skip Hire Comparison with the information we require to provide you with prices from our Partners.
Insurance Cover: insurance cover be offered by our skip hire partners in accordance with clause 9.1.
Contract: once We have accepted your Booking, and emailed a confirmation, a Contract is created.
Customer Care Team: Our dedicated Customer Care Team.
Quotes: quotes for services provided within the United Kingdom
Other Services: shall have the meaning given to it in clause 4.
Job Number: upon Accepting your Quote, Skip Hire Comparison will assign you a Job Number allocated to your Booking.
Partner/Partners: Skip Hire Comparison’s Partners as described in these Terms.
Price: acceptance of a specific booking together with any agreed amendments.
Prices: the prices provided to you in accordance with clause 2.5(a).
Customer: you are a Customer if you are an individual or a Business
Services: the services provided in accordance with these Terms.
Terms: these terms and condition on which We (and Our Partners) supply Our Services to you.
2. Information About And How To Contact Skip Hire Comparison
2.1 Who We Are.
We are Skip Hire Comparison Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10357329 and Our registered office is at 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE, United Kingdom. Our registered VAT number is GB 255 8305 93.
2.2 How To Contact Us.
You can contact Our Customer Care Team by:
- telephone: 0333 335 5660;
- post: Skip Hire Comparison, 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE, United Kingdom;
- email: email@example.com; or
- visiting the Skip Hire Comparison Site.
2.3 How Skip Hire Comparison Will Contact You.
If We have to contact you We will do so by telephone, in writing to the email or postal address provided in your Booking, or by text message to the mobile number provided in your Booking.
A notice sent by e-mail shall be deemed to have been served as per the date and time stamp of that email; a notice sent by post, shall be deemed to have been served four days after posting. Alternatively, Skip Hire Comparison reserves the right to make notices by way of its website, e-mail and its telephone service. The Customer must give notices in writing to the Company via e-mail. All notices are not deemed received by Skip Hire Comparison until the Customer receives an acknowledgement receipt from Skip Hire Comparison.
- If We have confirmed that you are a Customer when you enter into the Contract with Skip Hire Comparison in accordance with these Terms, it will be on the basis that Skip Hire Comparison are acting as a disclosed agent for Our Partners. Just to explain some the of the legal jargon, a “disclosed agent” means that We are not the principal and that by entering into the Contract with Us, you do so on the basis that you are aware that We are acting as agent for one of Our Partners who will be carrying out the Services for you.
- We will introduce you to Our Partners to try and enable you get the best Price and Services possible. By entering into these Terms you are acknowledging that you will enter into and be bound by the Terms.
- By accepting that Skip Hire Comparison is acting as agent for Our Partners and by entering into the Contract with Skip Hire Comparison this will create a contract between you and Skip Hire Comparison. The Partner Contract is separate to the contract with Skip Hire Comparison and is for the provision of Services as set out in their Terms and you acknowledge and accept that the Partner Contract will be between you and the Partner and that Skip Hire Comparison is not a party to the Partner Contract other than as expressly provided in these Terms. Skip Hire Comparison will ensure that Our Partners are also bound by the Terms that relate to them in the Contract.
- You also acknowledge and accept that Skip Hire Comparison does not provide skip hire services to Customers and that We are simply acting as a comparison site to present our customers with the best prices and skip hire services available from various supplier around the country .
2.5 Skip Hire Comparison Prices & Charges.
- Skip Hire Comparison will supply you with a number of prices via a comparison table which shall reflect the information provided by you when completing the Comparison Form. The Comparisons will vary depending upon the postcode entered and the requested delivery and completion date.
- Additional charges may apply (charges vary from supplier to supplier) if prohibited items are found to have been placed in the skip, the skip is overloaded, or a wasted journey has occurred. Customers will be informed of additional charges on receipt from supplier and requested to make payment either by us charging the card used on the original order. If requested by the customer to use a different card, we will send an email with a link to make payment. Failure to make payment will result in the charges being applied to the card that you originally booked with, for the additional charges requested by the supplier.
- If you place your skip on a public road or pavement for any reason, you will require a permit from your local authority. Your chosen supplier will inform you of the requirement and cost, depending on the location.
- If a vehicle arrives and is not able to deliver/collect a skip for reasons not limited to (skip being overfilled, vehicles obstructing delivery or collection etc), you may be liable for a wasted journey charge. These costs vary between suppliers, so we cannot provide exact costs of wasted journey charges.
- If you have any questions or wish to discuss any of the additional charges referred to in this clause, please contact our Customer Care Team.
2.6 Stock Availability
If a Skip Hire Comparison Partner is unable to supply the service you ordered, due to stock availability, you will be notified as soon as possible in writing by email, or by telephone. Skip Hire Comparison will use all reasonable endeavours to try and find another service as close to what you have ordered with the same Partner, or another Partner. Please be aware that in some cases this may incur additional charges depending on the service offered by the existing or new Partner.
2.7 If Skip Hire Comparison Does Not Accept Your Booking Request.
If Skip Hire Comparison is unable to find a Partner who will undertake the Services, or such Partner decides not to accept your Booking Request, you will be notified as soon as possible in writing by email, or by telephone. Skip Hire Comparison will use its reasonable endeavors to try and find another Partner to undertake the Services on your behalf. Accepting your Booking Request is at Skip Hire Comparison’s and / or its Partner’s discretion.
2.8 Your Job Number.
Upon confirming your Booking Request, Skip Hire Comparison will assign and notify you of the Job Number allocated to your Booking. Please reference this number when contacting Skip Hire Comparison.
3. Services and Our Contract With You
3.1 Your Booking.
As set out above, Skip Hire Comparison will supply you with prices dependent on your requirements entered into the Comparison Form. The information you provide on the Comparison Form is used to display the comparison table of skips and suppliers offering the skips. Any alteration to the information supplied on the Comparison Form may subsequently alter the Price. Accepting a particular Price that best suits your needs and supplying Skip Hire Comparison with your payment details creates a contract between you and Skip Hire Comparison and Our Partner and grants Us authority to confirm to the relevant Partner that you have accepted the Price and that they will undertake the Services for you at the agreed Price. In order to secure the Accepted Booking, you will pay the full amount due to Skip Hire Comparison, as displayed on the booking form.
- Please note that any proposed change to the date and time that the Services are to be provided may result in a change to the Price, which will be notified to you in advance of the Services being undertaken.
- Please note that if you wish to make any changes to the Booking, including on the day that the Services are undertaken, all communications must be direct with Skip Hire Comparison. This includeds any exchanges or extensions required by you as the customer.
- Please review the Skip Hire Comparison Site and/or contact our Customer Care Team for details of additional services and the prices of any additional services Skip Hire Comparison can offer.
3.3 Additional Services
- Skip Hire Comparison may supply additional options which include but are not limited to; Skip Hire Permits (which may be required if placed on a public area)
3.4 The Service Provider.
The Services will be provided by one of the Partners. The Partners are approved by Our dedicated Partner management team and are assessed by the Skip Hire Comparison team for suitability and eligibility.
4. Other Services
In addition to the other services We provide Skip Hire Comparison / Our Partners may also provide offer additional or new services that complement our existing offering now and in the future.
5. Customer Obligations
By entering into the Contract you must comply with the obligations set out by our partners when you hire one of their skips. Each partner will have their own customer obligations and you are required to make sure you are aware of their obligations that they have set out. If you fail to comply with these obligations, neither Skip Hire Comparison nor the Partner is liable to you for any losses incurred.
6. Cancellation & Postponement
6.1 Consumers Statutory Cancellation Right.
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 are not applicable to service contracts which provide for the transport of goods on a specific date or period for performance.
6.2 Postponement & Cancellation By The Customer.
If you wish to postpone or cancel your order or collection for a skip, please notify Skip Hire Comparison 24 hours before the day of delivery, by calling and sending an email to confirm the cancellation or postponement in writing. Failure to inform us 24 hours before may lead to additional charges. Please note that our standard terms and conditions apply and any cancellation or postponement requests received after the delivery vehicle has left the yard will incur costs. These costs vary from supplier to supplier. Skip Hire Comparison shall refund those amounts to you less any card processing fees reasonably incurred
6.3 Cancellation By Skip Hire Comparison Partners.
- If you breach any term of this Contract then Skip Hire Comparison and its Partner are entitled to terminate the Contract.
- If the Partner is unable to perform the Services agreed upon Booking and paying, Skip Hire Comparison will issue a refund.
7. Liability For Loss Or Damage
7.1. Loss or Damage to Goods or Premises
Skip Hire Comparison shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage to any of your goods or premises or any other loss suffered by you arising out of services provided by our partners. Please refer to the Partners Terms and Conditions for any info regarding Liability for Loss or Damage.
7.2 Loss of Profits and / or Damage to Goodwill
Skip Hire Comparison shall have no liability to the Customer for any consequential losses (including loss of profits and /or damage to goodwill), economic and /or other similar losses, special damages and other direct and indirect losses or for business interruption, loss of business or loss of opportunity, arising out of services provided by our partners.
7.3 Loss due to Delay in Delivery or Collection
Skip Hire Comparison shall use its reasonable commercial endeavours to ensure skips arrive when the Customer requires delivery, and collected on time. Any approximate times given by Skip Hire Comparison are estimates only and Skip Hire Comparison shall not be liable for any delay in delivery or collection of the skip howsoever caused. Time for delivery or collection of the skip shall not be of the essence. Skip Hire Comparison shall not, in any event, be liable to the Customer, or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of its obligations in relation to the Contract if the delay or failure is due to any cause beyond Skip Hire Comparison’s reasonable control, or arising out of the delay in delivery or collection of the services provided by our partners.
7.4 Loss, Theft or Damage to Suppliers Skips
The risk of loss, theft, damage or destruction of the Skip Container shall pass to the Customer on Delivery. The Skip shall remain at the sole risk of the Customer during the Hire Period and any further term during which the skip is in the possession, custody or control of the Customer, until such time as the skip is collected by the supplier.
The Customer shall give immediate written notice via email or post to Skip Hire Comparison in the event of any loss, accident or damage to the skip arising out of or in connection with the Customer’s possession or use of the skip.
The Customer shall be liable to pay to Skip Hire Comparison’s supplier, on demand, all reasonable costs, charges or losses sustained, due to damage of any skip supplied to the customer, during the hire period.
The Customer shall give Skip Hire Comparison a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which Skip Hire Comparison is liable, before the Customer incurs any costs and/or expenses in remedying the matter themself. If the Customer does not do so, Skip Hire Comparison shall have no liability to the Customer.
8. Insurance Cover
Any questions you may have regarding insurance cover please ask our Partner that is providing the skip . Skip Hire Comparison does not offer insurance cover.
Complaints About Our Services.
- If you have any complaints about Our Services, please contact our Customer Care Team who will endeavour to review your complaint and make any necessary actions within 7 days of the complaint being received. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You can visit the citizens advice website on www.adviceguide.org.uk or call them on 0345 04 05 06 for a summary of your key legal rights.
10. How We May Use Your Personal Information
10.1 Your Personal Information.
We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to introduce Partners to supply the Services to you and to provide the Services expressly stated as being obligations of Skip Hire Comparison in these Terms;
- to process your payment for the Services;
- if you agreed upon booking Our Services, to give you information about similar services that We provide.
10.2 We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows Us to do so.
11. Other Important Terms
11.1 Transferring This Agreement To Someone Else.
We may transfer Our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. Skip Hire Comparison will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the Contract.
11.2 Transferring Your Rights.
You may only transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms to another person if Skip Hire Comparison agree to this in advance in writing.
11.3 Rights Under The Contract.
The Contract is between you, Skip Hire Comparison and Our Partner. No other person has rights to enforce any of its terms unless expressly provided for in these Terms.
11.4 The Law And The Contract.
Each clause of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses remain in full effect.
11.5 Enforcing The Contract.
If We do not enforce these Terms immediately, or if you break the Contract and We delay taking steps against you, that will not prevent Us taking steps against you at a later date.
11.6 Applicable Laws To The Contract.
These Terms are governed by English law and you can only bring legal proceedings in the English courts.
12. Roll on Roll Off (RORO) Terms & Conditions
In addition to agreeing to the terms and conditions above, hire of RORO’s are also subject to the following:
- RORO skips are charged by hire, haulage and tonnage. You will be charged for the hire, haulage and an agreed tonnage upfront for the RORO.
- RORO skips are designed for light bulky waste. Heavy waste is not permitted.
- RORO skips have steel wheels on the back of the unit to help its function with loading and offloading. These wheels can scratch the floor surface, and in some cases, dent the floor surface. We advise using boards to help protect the surface. Ultimately, we can not be responsible for any damage to the surface – including manhole covers.
- RORO skips require a minimum width of 3 metres and can reach a height of 6 metres when being loaded and offloaded. Please ensure that you have enough space for this as we cannot be held responsible for any damage once on your property in reflection to this.
- It is the hirers responsibility for the waste put in the RORO skips and the weight of the RORO skips. Skip Hire Comparison cannot be responsible in any way for this.
- When the RORO skip is off hired, the skip is weighed at the disposal point. If the weight is over the initial agreed tonnage then the extra tonnage charges will apply and this must be paid by the hirer. We will supply a Waste Transfer Note from the supplier on request.
- The RORO skip unit must not be moved on site other than by the supplier of the RORO. If the RORO skip cannot be accessed due to being moved on site and Skip Hire Comparison have to organise a crane etc or likewise, the hirer will be liable for all costs.
- Once the RORO skip has been off hired and access is not accessible upon collection then daily hire charges will be applied until access is achievable.
- If the RORO skip is overloaded by height over the level load or by sheer weight that the vehicle cannot lift, a wasted journey charge for the haulage will apply, as well as a daily hire charge until the load is rectified.
- Should you require an exchange RORO skip (new empty skip in and full skip out) we will require space for 2 more RORO skips to carry this out. If this is not possible and the full RORO skip needs to be collected, taken to disposal point and then returned (tip and return), extra haulage charges will apply.
- RORO skips standard hire is on a maximum of a 14-day hire contract and will be off hired or by arrangement exchanged by this date. Some suppliers do however offer longer periods. Please refer to each listing for hire duration
- The hirer will ensure that the RORO skip is in a locked secure site and appropriate measures are in place should the RORO skip be lost or stolen. Skip Hire Comparison will hold the right to recover all the costs for a replacement RORO skip from the hirer.